HCForums Racing Community

Motorsport Trading Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:48 pm 
HRC Crew

Really bad directing this weekend, the director is missing all the action. And the cameraman at Loews is more interested in the Martini billboard than the cars.

I had also proposed a drinking game, drink every time you see Alonso´s face during qualifying. But I decided to quit because I would be pissed already after Q1.

Anyway, its an expensive problem for Alonso. Just like Hamilton had in Barcelona. With this points system it could possibly put you out of the championship. They can be lucky that it is wide open this year with lots of different winners and top ten runners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:23 pm 
HRC Crew

Now lets see if the stewards do the right thing and give Massa a penalty. Button was on a fast lap, about eight tenths of pole while Felipe was on his out lap, three seconds off the pace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:19 pm 
HRC Crew

Don't know if Schumachers move is legal, but if it is, it's brilliant! :D. This comes from an Alonso fan :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:43 pm 
HRC Crew

I think its legal. Every series in the world finishes under the SC, but then F1 has this stupid thing where they call in the SC before the last corner. When I first saw it I was confused too (think it must have been Melbourne sometime ago), and I have seen drivers messing up before in support series of F1. There´s just general confusion among teams and fans about what happens when the SC comes in. So this is what you´re gonna get.

To me its a legal move. The SC comes in so they´re basically racing till the stripe. What I don´t know is whether you are allowed to pass before the S/F line. Something which you can´t do in NASCAR but is legal in IndyCar I think.

Anyway, besides no passing all race long it still was a fun race. Now lets bring on Turkey, I would say that tyres are gonna be a big issue there with the new regs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:54 pm 
HRC Crew

Quote:
Schumacher handed 20-second penalty

By Pablo Elizalde Sunday, May 16th 2010, 16:37 GMT

Michael Schumacher has been handed a 20-second penalty for having overtaken Fernando Alonso on the final corner of the Monaco Grand Prix.

The Mercedes GP driver passed Alonso just as the safety car had left the circuit on the final lap, and stewards deemed the race was still finishing under the safety car.

Under rule 40.13, which states that "if the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pitlane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking," Schumacher has been given a penalty.

The German, who had passed Alonso for sixth, drops down to 12th, meaning Toro Rosso's Sebastien Buemi's scores the final point for 10th.

autosport.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:20 pm 
HRC Crew

Well, but did the race end under the SC? They told the drivers track clear and put the message on that the safety car would come in this lap. As you can clearly see on the onboard camera of Michael the marshals are waving green flags. So basically we are under race conditions.

I think they should have kept Schumacher in sixth. Its the same with the checkered flag. If they would wave it one lap early, as a mistake, the race would be done. Same here, they put on the green flag so we are racing. Anyway, its the same old story once again. Why don't they make the rules clear to avoid any confusion.

I love how Michael said on RTL that he also did it to create some controversy and get the people talking again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:57 pm 
HRC Crew

Well, that was very exciting. I was expecting the most boring Grand Prix of the season but instead it was the most exciting (at least of the dry races). Great to see McLaren is on the pace. When Red Bull was one second faster I thought that it was over for the championship. Of course this is a high speed track, but it does look promising for the championship.

I think Alonso will be very angry. If he would have stayed at Renault he would have had a good car. Now he´s going nowhere fast. I´m not sure the Italians can regain the speed, although this season seems like everything is possible.

And although Vettel realizes it was his fault I think it will be a hard fight between Webber and Vettel from now on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:03 pm 
HRC Crew

Stopped watching the Grand Prix. When Smedley come over the radio I immediately said that it was a message to let Alonso past. If I was Massa, I would have done the same, make it as obvious as possible. It ruined a good race and it was against the rules. So its now up to the FIA to take action. The least they could do is take away the victory for the Ferrari´s.

And there´s the flexi wings issue. I hope the FIA gets to the bottom of that.