HCForums Racing Community

Motorsport Trading Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:29 am 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
Quote:
FIA announces 2010 F1 entry list

By Jonathan Noble Friday, June 12th 2009, 09:51 GMT

World championship leaders Brawn, plus former champions McLaren and Renault are among the teams that have been told to lift the conditions on their entry to the 2010 championship by June 19 or risk being left off the grid.

After days of intense speculation about which teams would comprise the make up for the 2010 championship, the FIA announced that of the current teams only Ferrari, Red Bull Racing, Scuderia Toro Rosso, Williams and Force India have been granted entries.

It means that Brawn, McLaren, Renault, BMW Sauber and Toyota have all been sidelined for now - pointing towards further frantic efforts to try and find a solution to the row over cost cuts.

In a statement issued by the FIA, it said: "These five teams have submitted conditional entries.The FIA has invited them to lift those conditions following further discussions to be concluded not later than close of business on Friday 19 June."

The inclusion of Ferrari and the two Red Bull teams is also a bone of contention, with the outfits likely to claim that they could only be entered if the conditions attached to their applications to race were met.

The FIA, however, believes the teams committed several years ago when they signed deals with the governing body and Formula One Management tying themselves to the sport.

The list also confirmed that three new teams had been granted an entry - Campos Grand Prix, Manor Grand Prix and Team US F1.

Should any of the five current teams not make the cut, then the FIA is evaluating further entries being added.

AUTOSPORT understands there are three or four other teams who are close to being granted entries, and dialogue is still ongoing.

Campos Grand Prix is being run by former grand prix driver Adrian Campos, with Team US F1 headed by Ken Anderson and Peter Windsor.

AUTOSPORT understands the new Manor Grand Prix team is headed by F3 team boss John Booth and former grand prix team owner Nick Wirth.


Team Constructor
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro Ferrari
Scuderia Toro Rosso STR TBA
Red Bull Racing Red Bull Racing TTBA
At&T Williams Williams Toyota
Force India F1 Team Force India Mercedes
Campos Grand Prix Campos Cosworth
Manor Grand Prix Manor Cosworth
Team US F1 Team US F1 Cosworth
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes* McLaren Mercedes
BMW Sauber F1 Team* BMW Sauber
Renault F1 Team* Renault
Panasonic Toyota Racing* Toyota
Brawn GP Formula One Team* Brawn TBA

* These five teams have submitted conditional entries.The FIA has invited them to lift those conditions following further discussions to be concluded not later than close of business on Friday 19 June.

The maximum number of cars permitted to enter the 2010 Championship has been increased to 26, two being entered by each competitor. Pending completion of the discussions referred to above, further due diligence is currently taking place on other potential entries.

Source: Autosport


So they've resolved nothing, good... All we have now for 2010 are Williams and Force India. Plus of course the new teams. I believe those three will make it onto the grid, as they're all serious outfits but you never know. That would make it 10 cars. Hopefully some more teams will be granted a starting position. Personally I would like to see Lola, Prodrive and Superfund on the 2010 grid. All those other companies weren't serious.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:27 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
Quote:
Mosley outlines deal offer to teams

By Jonathan Noble Wednesday, June 17th 2009, 16:31 GMT

FIA president Max Mosley has informed teams of the package of rules that he is willing to accept for next year, AUTOSPORT has learned, as a final push is made by the governing body to end the standoff over entries to the 2010 championship.

The eight members of the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) have until Friday to lift the conditions attached to their entries - and efforts are increasing on both sides to try and reach a settlement.

After a day of further letters between motor racing's governing body and FOTA, Mosley has as promised laid out the terms by which he wants the teams to sign up. And although there had been fears of a total breakdown in discussions between the two parties, Mosley has informed FOTA that he is willing to make some movement on the question of governance in the sport.

He has told teams that he is prepared to discuss the FIA's International Court of Appeal, and also remove the controversial Appendix 5 to the 2010 Sporting Regulations. This latter element had angered teams, who feared that it gave the governing body carte blanche to impose whatever rules they wanted.

Mosley also said that he was willing to change some of the technical regulations for 2010. If the teams agree, the moveable wing rules will remain as they were for 2009, 4WD cars will not be allowed, tyre warmers will continue and the engine rules will remain as they are for this year - except customer Cosworth units will be allowed to run unrestricted. Also gearbox rules will remain as they are for 2009, as will testing limitations.

Mosley also made it clear that he would be willing to accept a 100 million Euros cost cap limit for next year, providing that it was reduced to 45 million Euros for 2011. This was the same figure that was outlined in a letter sent to FOTA president Luca di Montezemolo following the team meeting in Monaco.

Outline plans were also detailed for how the budget cap would be policed with 'self-reporting of compliance using a reputable auditor' used. Mosley also confirmed that breaches of the budget cap rules would not result in on-track sanctions, but would instead be 'financial against a pre-agreed formula.'

FOTA now has 48 hours to to decide whether to accept the terms and sign up for F1, or decide to stand firm and risk being left off the grid.

Source: Autosport


Looks like FOTA is not going to get a better deal. They should take it if they're smart enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:10 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
Exciting qualifying session with both the slower teammates starting on the front row, looking forward to tomorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:26 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
The stewards are back to their crazy (double) standards again giving Webber a drive through. Then why not give Hamilton also one, he drove into Mark. We´ve seen contact at the start so many times, I remember an exciting start at Barcelona in recent years with Alonso and a Ferrari. I think for 2010 they should just ban racing, that would solve it all.

I think the fans they did not lose with their kindergarten rows are starting to go now with their bad marshaling.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:40 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
Well, it didn´t matter in the end. Awesome win for Mark.

Looks like this championship will go down to the wire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:54 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
Did anyone just notice on the replays that something hit Massa in the head, a stone or an animal or something. This is very scary, especially after last weekend.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:58 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
Looks like it was a spring.


Could be from Barrichello´s car.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:43 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
That has to be the most weirdest qualifying session ever. I have no idea where Alonso got the pace from, to be honest I was expecting Hamilton to get a surprise pole or a top three. Never thought it would be the Renault who would be the surprise.

Hopefully Massa can make a full recovery and find his way back to the cockpit of a Formula 1 car. That was certainly very scary to see.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:44 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
Quote:
Massa not racing on Sunday
25 July 2009

Felipe Massa will miss the Hungarian Grand Prix and after being injured in a heavy crash in qualifying. The Brazilian's Ferrari struck a metal spring off the Brawn car of Rubens Barrichello before heading into the Turn 4 tyre barriers at unabated speed.

With the spring having broken off Barrichello's rear wing on the exit of Turn 3, the metal component continued to bounce down the track before being hit by Massa's helmet on a section of track where speeds reach an approximate 170mph.

Believed to be been knocked unconscious on impact, Massa straight-lined the corner before the F60 car was embedded into the tyre wall. The 28-year-old has been hospitalised although it believed that this is for precautionary reasons more than anything else.

A full statement from Ferrari will follow in due course.

Source: F1 Racing


Looks like Felipe got lucky. Looking back at the replay it seemed like Massa was on his way to the pits. Not even traveling at full speed. You could just see a car disappearing up ahead. That either must have been the Brawn of which the component broke off or the car that made the spring bounce on the track.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:46 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 1660
Location: Hoensbroek, Holland
Scary stuff.. Damn


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:00 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
From Ferrari. Lets hope everything will go okay for the next couple of hours.

After the accident during the qualifying session of the Grand Prix of Hungary , Felipe Massa was airlifted to the AEK hospital in Budapest . Felipe was conscious at the arrival at the hospital and his general conditions remain stable. Following a complete medical examination it emerged that he had suffered a cut on his forehead, a bone damage of his skull and a brain concussion. These conditions need to be operated on after which he will remain under observation in intensive care.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:13 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
Quote:
Massa undergoes surgery in intensive care
25 July 2009

Felipe Massa has been operated on in a Budapest hospital and remains in intensive care this evening. As reported earlier, the Brazilian driver suffered from concussion and a damaged skull in Hungary after striking a spring weighing 800 grammes which had come loose from Rubens Barrichello's car.

With the section of track on which Massa was travelling seeing usual speeds of approximately 170 miles per hour, Massa was airlifted to hospital having been extracted from the car and taken to the Hungaroring's medical centre.

The latest Ferrari press release reads:

'Felipe Massa has undergone surgery this afternoon at the AEK hospital in Budapest and the outcome of the procedure was positive. Now, Felipe will remain under observation in intensive care. An update on his condition will be issued late tomorrow morning.'

GPUpdate.net has learned that Massa has suffered from bleeding in the brain as a result of the cracked skull and could miss the remainder of the season as a consequence.

Source: F1 Racing


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:30 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
AP is now reporting Massa's condition as stable but life threatening. Here's an updated report from ESPN.

Quote:
Report: Massa's condition worsens

BUDAPEST, Hungary -- Hospital officials said Formula One driver Felipe Massa is in "life-threatening" condition after undergoing surgery for a fractured skull from a high-speed crash at Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying.

Officials at the AEK military hospital said Saturday that Massa will be kept sedated on a respirator in an intensive care unit.

Medical director Peter Bazso said at a news conference that "Massa's condition is serious, life-threatening but stable."

Bazso and chief surgeon Lajos Zsiros say they expect Massa to be awoken Sunday.

The 28-year-old Brazilian had surgery one hour after arriving at the hospital, the doctors said.

The crash occurred Saturday after a spring had fallen off another car and flew up and struck Massa in the helmet. An apparently dazed Massa continued driving over a curb and across the track. He went through the gravel area alongside the Formula One circuit before striking a tire-lined barrier.

The impact of the rear suspension part -- a standard component that Brawn GP team principal Ross Brawn believed was made of steel -- damaged the left side of Massa's helmet, ripping out the visor and leaving a long dent on its side. Blood was seen above Massa's left eye.

"Following a complete medical examination it emerged that he had suffered a cut on his forehead, a bone damage of his skull and a brain concussion," Ferrari said in a statement.

Rubens Barrichello, a fellow Brazilian, went to the medical center to check on Massa's condition and said the Ferrari driver appeared to be doing fine despite the cut above his left eye.

"I wanted to see him myself because I've been in situations like that," Barrichello said. "We are Brazilians and sometimes we have a family, sometimes we don't, and when we wake up all we want to see is someone we know. I wanted to be there in case there was not anybody from the family there.

"But he was conscious, he was moving and he was very agitated with the fact that he had a cut on his head. With that, they sedated him for him to calm down, and then they moved him to [the] hospital."

Massa appeared to regain consciousness just before the crash at Turn 4 as his front brakes seemed to lock before the violent impact.

He remained in the car for a considerable time and was assisted out before being taken to the medical center. He was then taken to the helicopter on a stretcher, wearing a neck brace.

The front of his Ferrari was shredded, with both tires having come off and the front nose open.

The crash comes less than a week after Henry Surtees, the son of former Formula One champion John Surtees, died in an F2 race on Sunday. Surtees was struck in the head by a tire from another car, causing him to lose consciousness and drive into a barrier.

"It is not a coincidence that something happened right now," Barrichello said. "Something needs to be done. Yes, absolutely."

No Formula One driver has died on the track since three-time champion Ayrton Senna's crash at Imola 15 years ago.

The accident was also reminiscent of Heikki Kovalainen's high-speed crash at last year's Spanish GP, when the McLaren driver slammed into a wall at high speed. Kovalainen spent the night in a hospital with a concussion.

"What happened to me in Barcelona was a very nasty accident. But I think it was a pretty freak accident and I don't know how to prevent that," Kovalainen said. "It was very unfortunate. But I think we should discuss it."

Surtees' death led drivers to discuss the issue of debris and head safety at length during their usual pre-race meeting on Friday.

Renault's Fernando Alonso took pole position for Sunday's race after qualifying was delayed for nearly 30 minutes because of Massa's accident.

Source: ESPN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:18 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 1660
Location: Hoensbroek, Holland
Hmmm I don't know what to believe anymore. Let's hope the message from above is wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:25 pm 
Offline
HRC Crew
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:51 pm
Posts: 4698
Well the original quote is: "The condition of the driver is serious, but stable," said a spokesman at Budapest's AEK Hospital.

I think AP made serious the same as life threatening. I think its not as bad as it would seem to be. But he did suffer a serious head injury and is not out of the woods yet. I guess we can only hope now that his condition will stay stable overnight and then wait till they awake him tomorrow morning. Then we'll get the first real sign of how he's doing and we can shift our attention to his recovery process.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group